Ellis University evaluates each candidate according to the following admission standards.
- Completion of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- One of the following criteria:
- Good academic standing and completion of at least 12 semester credits from an institution that is accredited by an accrediting association that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Good academic standing: students who have been academically dismissed from other colleges or universities are ineligible to pursue courses at Ellis University unless they meet one of the following conditions:
- Earned 12 semester hours from an institution that is accredited by an accrediting association that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation with a minimum GPA of 2.0.Have not attended any college or university for one year since being academically dismissed.
- Successful appeal to the Chief Academic Officer. At the Chief Academic Officer’s discretion the previous requirements may be waived. Undergraduate students who have their appeal approved will be placed on academic probation and must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher upon the completion of their fourth course at Ellis University. Students will be restricted to two courses per trimester and must meet every other week with their academic advisor. Students who fail to earn a GPA of 2.0 after their fourth course will be academically dismissed from the University.
- An active military or honorably discharged veteran.
- Applicants who have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent but have not successfully completed 12 hours of college level work and do not meet the military service criteria can complete the necessary credit hours as a student at large. Upon successfully earning 12 credit hours, these students can apply for regular degree-seeking status.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an institution that is accredited by an accrediting association that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Depending on the major field of study, additional requirements may apply for admission. See specific Ellis University program for details.
- At the discretion of the Chief Academic Officer, graduate admission requirements may be waived upon successful completion of 6 credit hours as a student at large. Documentation of any exception will become a part of the student’s permanent file.